Become a Fellow
RCPI is a highly respected and influential body within the health sector and we represent the views and experience of many physicians in Ireland. And you can contribute to developing and maintaining standards in medicine by joining RCPI.
Doctors are facing change in almost every aspect of their workings lives, from clinical practice, training and professional competence.
RCPI has a vital part to play in supporting our Licentiates, Members and Fellows through these changes as well as influencing the future direction of the profession.
What RCPI can do for you
When you join RCPI, you enjoy lifelong benefits and services we offer to our Licentiates, Members and Fellows.
You can contribute to ensuring high professional standards in medicine are developed and maintained. And you can play your part in the governance and future direction of RCPI by taking on a leadership, support or advocacy role.
Becoming a Fellow
There are many types of Fellowships throughout RCPI, and the criteria, application and completion process can vary across types. Visit the sections below to understand how to become a Fellow, the benefits of Fellowship and how to apply:
- Fellow of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine
- Fellow of the Faculty of Paediatrics
- Fellow of the Faculty of Pathology
- Fellow of the Faculty of Public Health Medicine
- Member of the Institute of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland
Fellowship Nomination Forms
Two Fellows in good standing of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (FRCPI) are required to support a nomination to Fellowship. If you would like to nominate someone to Fellowship, please download the relevant documents below.
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland - Guidelines for Nominees and Nominators
- Fellowship Nomination Form
- Honorary Fellowship Nomination Form
- Information to be included in Nominee's CV
Directory of Fellows
The directory of Fellows is only available to Members and Fellows, and can be accessed through your RCPI online services account.
Contact us by phone at +353 1 863 9700 or by email at email@example.com
Or you can write to us at:
Royal College of Physicians of Ireland
19 South Frederick Street