Registration for the Continuous Professional Development Support Scheme (CPD-SS) 2023/2024 is now open.
Please note: registration for CPD-SS is a two-step process.
Step 1: Register by clicking on the button below
Register for CPD-SS 2023/2024
Registration is free of charge
Step 2: Additional questions are added to the CPD-SS application this year. Further information will be provided via email in early October with detailed instructions on how to complete the registration process.
*The collection of this information is requested on behalf of National Doctors Training and Planning (NDTP) to support a review of the CPD-SS programme. The data collated will only be used for the purpose specified.
About the Continuous Professional Development Support Scheme (CPD-SS)
The Continuous Professional Development Support Scheme (CPD-SS) is an educational programme open to all NCHDs working in the public health service who are:
- not enrolled in an intern training programme or on a postgraduate specialist training programme such as BST or HST
- working in the public health service and hold a 2010 NCHD contract within the HSE
- on the General or Supervised Division of the Register of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council
- enrolled on a Professional Competence Scheme applicable to your specialty
- registered and have paid your Professional Competence Scheme subscription
The CPD-SS is funded by the HSE. It helps you enhance your clinical knowledge and skills and fulfil some of the Medical Council legal requirements of your Professional Competence Scheme. The scheme allows you to access educational activities worth up to 20 external CPD credits. You can access educational activities within RCPI and/or you can access CPD activities run by other Irish postgraduate medical training bodies.
Enrolment is free of charge.