The strategy is underpinned by ten core strategic initiatives:
- To enhance the quality of our training programmes and supports offered to ensure they meet the needs of doctors.
- To develop our exam membership offering to best meet the needs of doctors.
- To extend our global engagement and enhance our international training programme offering.
- To measure and improve core RCPI processes and use data to support evidence-based decision making.
- To promote excellence across the organisation to maximise performance and realise college goals.
- To offer lifelong learning opportunities.
- To be the voice of physicians, shaping and influencing healthcare policy, at a national level.
- To create a new membership model and enhanced membership engagement.
- To develop, preserve, catalogue and make accessible RCPI’s heritage collections.
- To champion equality, diversity and inclusion in all College activity
The strategy was informed and developed in consultation with a wide range of stakeholders including the RCPI Council, Executive, senior management and staff as well as external stakeholders.