No. Each instance of an activity must be individually assessed.
If you hold regular or recurring activities, we will be able to assess them all in one application if you provide a schedule of confirmed dates, venues and topics with your application.
If your event does not take place in Ireland, you should contact the European Accreditation Council for CPD (EACCME) for information on European accreditation, or the relevant local association or college in the country where your event will take place.
An online course may attract CPD credit if it meets the following criteria:
- The course provides some type of learner interaction or self-assessment
- The course objectives describe what the participants may learn or achieve by participating in the course
- The course provides access to appropriate bibliographic sources that allow for further study and that reinforce and clarify specific activity topics
- The site allows the doctor to download evidence of activity and/or completion, e.g. a certificate of completion of a module
- Doctors should ensure a balance between CPD credits garnered from online learning and from attending live educational activities
Our CPD approval process is conducted on a case-by-case basis for interactive educational activities that attract CPD in the External category.
Websites for the purpose of presenting enduring educational material such as reference documents, articles, publications, passive reading resources, or chat groups, are outside this process as those activities fall into the Personal Learning CPD Category, attracting 1 hour = 1 CPD credit in that category.
Learning sites used by employers, for their employees only, fall into the Internal CPD category and therefore are not required to seek CPD approval. Activities hosted on these sites attract 1 hour = 1 CPD credit in the Internal CPD category. There must be a means for employees to download confirmation of their participation in the specific activities.
A CPD certificate of attendance issued by one Irish postgraduate medical training body will be automatically accepted by other training bodies as evidence of a doctor's participation in that activity.
You need only apply for CPD approval to one training body.